Monday, July 23, 2007

Things That Make Me Laugh This Week

I have gotten addicted to the TV show, "The Office". My youngest sister, Laury, and her husband, Leighton, watch it and love it. I watched it a little when it first came out, but it didn't fit into my schedule at the time, so I didn't start watching it regularly. This summer, I decided that I need watch funny shows on TV instead of depressing ones. I love "How I Met Your Mother" and I watch it religiously, but not much else funny. Well, I really like "The New Adventures of Old Christine" because she is such an idiot and kind of reminds me of me. But that one doesn't always come on and I'm not sure if it's going to make the cut. So, I figured I need another sitcom in my life. I got the DVD for the first season of "The Office" and LOVED it. It is so hilarious. As a general rule, Steve Carrell is awesome, but this show takes it up a notch. That Dwight character is hysterical and the rest of the people on the show are so quirky and, well, real, I guess, that I laugh out loud the whole time. Now I'm in the middle of Season Two and it's even better. I really like the storyline about the guy and girl that like each other...so sweet and cute!

I am also re-reading my Dave Barry books. When I was in college, one of my roommates always knew when I was reading Dave Barry because I would try to laugh silently, but I would be shaking because it's so funny. Right now I'm reading one that was published in 1988 and it is just so hilarious. He is so clever...I highly recommend it for a good laugh when you're down!

1 comment:

Christy said...

We love the Office too! My husband got me watching it. It's just one of those laugh out loud shows, and if you work in an office environment it's even funnier because you actually know people like that! ha ha