Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I Love My Birthday!

I turned 32 on June 17th. If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY. I don't know why, really. There is no logical explanation for why I love it so much, but I do. Seriously, I'm obnoxious about and I know this, but I just can't help myself...I just love it! My actual birthday was on Father's Day. I had flown in from North Carolina the night before, so I was a little tired, but I got to do many of my favorite things on my actual birthday...went to the gym, saw a movie, ate Mexican food, had Bible study, went running...so much fun!

The next day, I went to lunch with two friends at work, Kate and Katherine. We went to Tortuga's in Baytown, which is my favorite restaurant in Baytown. I just love their salsa...so yummy I would eat it with a spoon! On Thursday of that week, I ate dinner with my friend Shanna. Her birthday is a week before mine. We have, over the last few years, eaten dinner in the week between our birthdays, but this year I was out of town, so we had dinner the week after mine. She is having her first baby, so we spent most of the dinner talking about baby names and middle names...fun times! Friday, I went to lunch with a friend of mine from work and got treated : ) gotta love that!

Friday night, I had plans to play Ultimate Frisbee. In case you don't know, I also LOVE Ultimate Frisbee. This is always amusing to me because I don't usually like things that I suck so bad at. I am just not a great Ultimate Frisbee player. If someone is patient with and helps me, I can handle myself that day, but I always forget the strategy and get nervous when I have to throw, so I would never call myself a good player, but I still love it. The one thing I can do is, after we've been playing for 2 hours, I'm just about the only one that can still sprint down the field...one good thing I got from marathon training. So, I was playing with a group that I hadn't played with before and I was the only girl, which I'm used to. Only I didn't like playing with this group. They just didn't seem like they were having any fun, which meant I definitely wasn't having any fun. I was there because my friend Matt plays with them, but I kind of stopped playing after an hour or so because it wasn't very fun. I did learn how to throw the frisbee a different way...I'm sure there is a name for it, but I don't know it. Once I decided not to play anymore, I took off to take a very short jog around the park we were at and I came back and Matt was laying on the ground...he had hurt his foot. So, instead of playing spades that night like we had planned on, we hung out at the emergency room. It actually was fun. We got Fuddrucker's and, between the two of us, ate about 2 lbs of sauce (ketchup and spicy cheese dip). Nothing exciting, but it was a good story, which I always love! Did you know that they have portable X-ray machines? The X-ray tech was friendly (as opposed to the doctor) and brought it in the room and I was amazed by it...who knew?
Saturday was my birthday party...yay! 4 friends of mine threw the party for me and it was so great! It was at Maradee's house and she cleaned everything and made these awesome brownies that have big chunks of peanut butter in them...soooo good! She even got a trampoline a few weeks before and had it set up to jump on and it is so much fun! Heather and David came over and brought food...David cooked it on the grill. Matt and David set up this awesome projection thing in Maradee's garage. David brought the projector and Matt brought his sound equipment and we watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off in the garage...it was so neat. I hadn't seen that movie in several years. It took a lot of self control not to sing along very loudly to Twist and Shout during the parade scene. Maradee really likes the part where they go running through the yards at the end. We were originally supposed to set up the movie in the back yard, but it was rainy, so we put it in the garage and I think it was even better there. There was a good crowd there and I got lots of presents, which I also LOVE!!! We played cards very late in the evening and I played horribly, but we didn't lose, just had to stop playing because it was so late.

I stayed at Maradee's that night and ended up going back over there to hang out on Sunday...I got a sunburn, ate too many leftovers, and watched the end of Lonesome Dove. So, that was the

end of the birthday extravaganza. Best birthday every!

No comments: