Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hmmm...Good Times

Hmmm...home sweet home! I have been in Beaumont for two days for work. Beaumont is just a little over an hour from my house in Houston, but it felt like a world away. We worked very hard over the two days and I am so glad to be home and so glad that I work in Baytown instead of Beaumont!
I was thinking today how much I love where I live. Like I literally love my house and the neighborhood and how convenient it is to all the places I need to go. And I really enjoy living in Houston...it's always got so much going on (last year, in one week, I went to a hockey game, a Cirque du Soleil show, and a Bon Jovi concert all in the same arena!). But really, I love the Clear Lake area. This is totally cheesy, I know, but I really love it. It's so suburbia. There are grocery stores and Starbucks on every corner and lots of soccer-mom-looking people running along tree-lined streets (as I speed by at 55 mph) and lots of trees on those tree-lined streets. And there are neighborhood pools (still haven't figured out how to get into ours) and local parks and tennis courts that you can enjoy (well, not in 100 degree Texas summer, but the rest of the year you can!). And Clear Lake is an actual lake that it's nice to go sit by when it's about 65 degress and sunny on a Sunday afternoon. So, despite the fact that I still feel like I don't "live" here, like I could pick up any day and move across the country (or just back to Louisiana), I still love it here!

For example, this past weekend was great...I got to do so many of my favorite things! I ran 4.5 miles on Saturday morning. It has been so long since I had a really good run that I felt like I pushed myself on and still did well. I was quite satisfied with this one. I don't remember my time, but it wasn't that great...just glad to have run that whole way! After that, I ran errands. There is nothing quite so satisfying as having a list of things to do on Saturday and getting them all done in the morning, so you can relax in the afternoon! So, I celebrated that with a delightful pedicure. I am so spoiled! Saturday night was a birthday party for my friend Amy...fun Fiesta-themed party and Mandy's fantastic new apartment. On Sunday morning, I cooked and cooked and cooked for Heather's bridal shower. We celebrated at Maradee's great house in Bacliff and had quite a bit of food to consume. The shower was so much fun. I got 2 prizes for the games we played...good, travel-related prizes (thanks, Erika!). Look at this cool cake that Jill got from The Cake Lady!


I am so excited about Heather's wedding. I have a great dress to wear and we're going to have so much fun leading up to the wedding...two weekends of girl time to celebrate and enjoy the variety of Texas nature (hill country and beach). Her wedding is going to be absolutely beautiful, too. I can't wait!
So, I guess that's all. I just love it here. Maybe I'm just so grateful after being in Beaumont for a few days!

No comments: