Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Favorite Weekend of the Year

Labor Day Weekend is pretty much always my favorite weekend of the year and this was no exception. Based on my previous emails, you might think it has something to do with hanging out with friends or seeing a good movie. But, no, it's even better than that! Labor Day weekend is the one weekend where two of my favorite sports are on at the same time. College Football and tennis. Labor Day is always the middle weekend of the US Open and usually the opening weekend of college football and who doesn't love that??? I spent last weekend doing lots of stuff, but mostly would have been content to sit in front of the TV flipping channels between all the football games and tennis matches. I am in heaven at this time of year. I know that this is weird, especially considering I'm so not athletic. But, for some reason I love these sports!!!

I did spend time in Louisiana with my family and got to see my beautiful niece, Mia. Here is a picture of her. She is diligently drawing and coloring a picture for me to bring to work for a coloring contest. She did a great job and came up with the drawing all by herself! It's a picture of a little girl and her Mommy crossing the street and a message to "Look both ways when you cross the street." She is a genius!



Right now, I am watching my beloved New Orleans Saints lose to the Colts. Sigh...the heartache of loving Louisiana sports teams!

No comments: