Saturday, September 15, 2007

Running Again!!!

It is finally somewhat cooling off here in Houston, so I'm picking up my running. Of course by "cooling off" I mean that, at 6:30 this morning when I first went outside, it wasn't stiflingly hot. Seriously, I have run for 3 Saturdays in a row. Today, I went 7 miles all together. I ran quite a few of those with Jim and Erin at the Seabrook Trails...another of the many reasons I love living here! So, I think I'm on track to do good at the half-marathon. I'm signed up to run the USA Space Center 10-miler on October 14th, which is just 4 weeks away, so I've got to ramp up a bit these next few weeks. If I can do that one without falling over, I'll be set for the half marathon in January. Once I get through that race, I'm going to start working on my pace. I want to finish this one at a 10:00 per mile pace, which is 2:11 total. My best half-marathon time is 2:25, so I've got a ways to go. We'll see. Here is a picture of my prayer group on a bachelorette weekend for Heather (she's the one in the tiara!). Her wedding is next weekend. I'll write about all the details from the wedding and the weekends leading up to it. We were in the Hill Country last weekend and we're going to Galveston tonight. And next weekend is all wedding stuff...fun times with my dear friends!


No comments: