Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Another Fun (but not lazy!) Weekend

This past weekend was ridiculously fun. I don't think I should be allowed to have this much fun...it makes the week seem very boring! Friday night, my friends Eddie and Ann were in town. I know them from Houston and they got married last September (at a gorgeous ceremony in Northern California). They live in North Carolina now, so we don't see them much at all. They were in town for a wedding, so a group of us had dinner at my favorite place in Clear Lake...BJ's Restaurant and Brewery. Fun times catching up with Eddie & Ann, as well as my other friends who live right here in Houston, but I never get to see.

After dinner, a group of us went to see The Bourne Ultimatum. I have been counting the days until this movie came out for about 6 months now. In preparation for it, in the last month, I have read the new Bourne book (so good, BTW) and watched both of the previous Bourne movies (awesome!!). This movie definitely did not disappoint! I was sitting between 2 men who loved the car chase scenes even more than I did (if that's possible) and they cracked me up with their reactions to the whole thing. Anyway, this movie was fantastic. Really, really, really good! I love the whole Bourne saga and I love Matt Damon, so it's a good combo for me : ). Once I got home (at 1:00am), I had to pack up my car for my Saturday adventures (more on that in a minute). I put a TV, two tables, and luggage in my car. If anyone on my cul-de-sac was looking out their window they probably thought that either I was moving out in the middle of the night or we were being robbed. Neither of those was true, though.

Saturday morning, I ran a race with my friend Matt. We ran the Maribelle's 5K on the Bay run in Seabrook, TX. I really like this race, for some reason. They have it every year and I've run it 2 or 3 other times. They always have the same T-Shirt (which I don't care for), but it's a different color every year. This year, it was red. I put it on after the race, but it made me look fat, so I took it off and just suffered through in my running attire. I know, how could I possibly be vain when I look like this? It was a great day to run...very cloudy and it even rained on us a little bit. Unfortunately, neither of us was feeling well, so our time wasn't too great. And we started off way too fast. Which I can honestly say is completely Matt's fault. I am very good at pacing myself, especially with my new GPS watch. But he was running faster and I let myself try to keep up with him, so we both punked out after mile 2. We finished OK (31:56), but we could have done better. Oh well. It's just a 5K and it was just for fun. After that, we had breakfast at Chik-Fil-A...yummy Chik'n'Biscuit thingies that are chicken nuggets in a dry roll...sooo good. As I predicted when they came out, I should never have tasted these! They will be a weakness for me. See, I have this theory that I like enough unhealthy food, so I avoid trying new things that will be unhealthy and that I think I will love. Like frozen custard or Snickers ice cream bars...I know that I will love them, but I don't need any more unhealthy habits in my life, so I must avoid them! Anyway, we had quite an adventure trying to get a picture at Chif-Fil-A, as you can see : ).


After leaving Chik-Fil-A, I went to Maradee's house because some of my family was staying there while Maradee was out of town. Here are a couple cute pics of Mia. That's the trampoline in Maradee's back yard! Once we got done jumping on the trampoline, I got cleaned up to head to Galveston!
After watching poker on TV for a while, we headed down to Galveston for Matt's going away party. It was so much fun. Matt is moving to South Carolina to go to Clemson because he is smarter and much more patient than me (I thought I would die working on my MBA!). We had a super-fun party that started at the Casa de Galveston and ended at Pirate's Beach. There were tons of people there (Mia even made an appearance!) and we just hung out...nothing organized or anything. There was a bonfire and a dog and I survived both! I think there were like 25 people there at some point and it was great to see some people we hadn't seen in a while. We played "jumbo" farkle with foam dice. Well, some people played...I didn't get around to it. The house was decorated with pictures and it turned out great!



No comments: