Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's a Small World After All...

Admit it. That song is running through your head now, isn't it? Sorry about that. In the past month, I have run across the following "coincidences" or "small world examples" or whatever you would call them:

-Jeff, one of the ministers at my new church who is also one of my Sunday School teachers, went to seminary with my uncle in San Francisco in the early '80's. They knew each other and my uncle helped talk Jeff into Journeyman ministry.

-Jacob, who is in my Sunday School class now, was also in the same Sunday School class as me around 2001-02 at FBC Houston. It was Beth Moore's Sunday School class, which has about 500 people, so it's not unusual that we didn't know each other, but still...random!

-Mandy's best friend, Jenn Poe, was in town last weekend. We started talking about where we were from, etc. When I told her that I had gone to Louisiana Tech, she mentioned the only 2 people she knows who went there, a couple who she knew at Texas A&M while they were there for grad school. The wife was one of my college roommates, Chrissie! Now that is crazy!

No comments: