Monday, May 26, 2008

All I Do is Work

That's pretty much all that I do these days. We've started the project and it's going OK, but it makes me tired to work so much. One thing that is my fault is that I go to the gym before coming in to work. I have to or I would never work out, since I leave work so late every night. To get to the gym before work, I have to get up at 4:15, which means I have to go to bed around 8:00 every night...putting a major cramp in my social life, but that's the way life is, I guess. It will be over soon enough (early July), so I'll get through it. Today is just really tough to be at work. I really want to be hanging out with friends for Memorial Day. Oh well.

On the bright side, I did get to have a great day off yesterday! I went for a 4-mile run. It was a little hot, but I got through it without stopping. A good running route close to my house, which makes me happy! Then church, lunch and a trip to Target. Then I went home and sat in the backyard and read a book...it was wonderful. The only way it could have been better was if I had gotten my car washed (that's one of my favorite things to do on Sunday), but I decided that I'd rather go home and chill than sit at the car wash...I'll get it done next Sunday instead...something to look forward to : ) !

One of the things that I'm missing by having to work so much is that I can't schedule a pedicure. I haven't had one for 5 months because I injured my toenails back in December (it's pretty gross, so I'll spare you the details), so I haven't gone to get a pedicure for fear of doing more damage. Well, my injured toenails finally healed up a little over a week ago, but now I'm working on Saturdays, so no time for a pedicure. I guess it's not important since I can't actually go anywhere that would require wearing open-toed shoes. But I really like my toenails to be pretty...I'm a silly girl, I guess!

Well, that's all for now. Happy Memorial Day to you!

No comments: