Saturday, March 20, 2010

Week in Review

I had a great week. Several odd/entertaining things happened and I thought I would share...

Saturday - Continuation of the scrapbooking weekend that started Friday night (OK, on Friday night we mostly watched What Not to Wear, but on Saturday we really got some scrapbooking done!). It was great to catch up with friends and to relive some memories while I was scrapbooking. Cheesy, but it makes me smile.

Sunday - Frisbee was AWESOME! I don't really remember if I played well or not, but it was so much fun!

Monday - I don't remember anything about Monday, so I'll skip it.

Tuesday - All of my meetings at work were in my office. I only left my office twice and got so much done! My desk is clean and all my long-term to do items are stacked in order next to my computer. I was in such a productive mood that I decided to stay home for the evening and continue my scrapbooking progress!

Wednesday - St Patrick's Day! Legend has it that St Pat is the patron saint of engineers. Well, at least that's what they say at UMR and a friend of mine went there, so he throws a party every year. Fun times with fun friends. Apparently there is a new show on TV called Minute to Win It where people compete in silly competitions. We had a live version of some game where two people strap Kleenex boxes around their waist and put ping pong balls in the Kleenex boxes, then shake to see who can shake the balls out first. Quite amusing! That was followed by a discussion about donuts, after which one friend headed out to get donuts for everyone. And darts came soon after that. I didn't play, but it's fun to watch how far off some folks can be. Fortunately, no darts went flying through the crowd : )

Thursday - Running with sweet friends! The temperature was perfect and we had a great time. We did have one small incident involving a raccoon. We were running along on a perfectly lit and busy street when suddenly there was a raccoon about 50 feet in front of us and he was staring us down. Brittany started running the other way. I turned to follow her, but Kallae wanted to keep going. The raccoon really was watching us and I was scared he was going to charge us and we'd all end up with rabies. We compromised. Brittany and I ran across the street to avoid him, but Kallae insisted on walking right next to him. I couldn't watch because I was sure he would attack her. He didn't, though. We crossed back over about a half block up and continued our run.

Friday - My boss suggested we go watch basketball over lunch, so we all headed to Chili's and watched for a while. My boss is a huge Kentucky fan, so we have fun harassing her! She's actually a graduate of MIT and on Friday, I found out that the MIT fight song is quite...well...amusing? I'm not sure what the right word is to describe it. Here are the lyrics. I'll let you judge for yourself how it should be described.

"E to the U, dU dX, E to the X, dX
Cosine! Secant! Tangent! Sine!
3-point-1-4-1-5-9!
Integral! Radical! µ, DV
Slipstick! Slide rule! M.I.T.!"


Seriously...that's the fight song. It is more like a chant, which my boss demonstrated for us. Really. I laughed so hard I was crying and almost drooling.

Saturday - Ah, it's Saturday! I have had quite a full day already, running around Clear Lake getting stuff done. Now I'm enjoying basketball and watching the rain. I'm headed out to Rodeo later for the Super Series championships and Brooks & Dunn's final concert. The most important part of the day will be when I cheat on my diet for one of the delicious cinnamon rolls at the Rodeo. I'm counting the minutes till I get there!